Vegan chipotle chilli. It is so hearty with seasonal pumpkin for body and creaminess that is accented with spicy, smoky chipotle peppers for a warming, full-on flavored meal. This hearty vegetarian chipotle chili is the perfect way to warm up from the inside out on a chilly night. Top with sour cream, avocado, tortilla chips, and a squirt of fresh lime when serving.
It's meatless/vegetarian and packed with veggies, has just the right heat (which can be easily scaled up for a spicier version, or scaled down for a mild one), and it can be made on the stovetop, or in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker. This chipotle vegetarian three bean chili is a one-pot wonder. The preparation is simple: sauté a few aromatic vegetables, throw all the ingredients into the pot, boil and then simmer. You can have Vegan chipotle chilli using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan chipotle chilli
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of large carrots chopped.
- You need 1 of white onion chopped.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- You need 2 cups of mushrooms.
- You need 1 can of red kidney beans.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- You need 1 can of pinto beans.
- Prepare 1 can of corn niblets.
- It’s 1 of large can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried basil.
- You need 2 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of canned chipotle in adobo sauce (adjust to taste).
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 package of yves soy ground round.
It is a low-maintenance dish that you'll want to make on weeknights. Check out our easy slow-cooker chilli with black beans and fiery chipotle chilli paste. A chipotle, (pronounced chi-POT-lee), is a smoke-dried jalapeño chilli, used in many Mexican recipes. Chipotle paste, (which is fairly easy to find in supermarkets these days), has a distinctive smoky flavour, and adds a lovely warm and deep spice to a simple.
Vegan chipotle chilli instructions
- Add olive oil, onions, carrots and garlic to a large pot (at least 5 quart or larger). Cook on medium heat until onions are slightly translucent.
- Add the chopped green and red pepper. Cook until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for another 2 to 3 mins.
- Rinse the canned beans and corn under cool running water. Add to mixture.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients. Blend the chipotle peppers with adobo sauce before adding to the chilli..
- Bring the chilli to a boil then reduce heat and simmer. Cook for 45 mins to an hour until chilli has thickened and the beans/vegetables are tender. Add more vegetable stock of the chilli becomes too dry.
All of Chipotle's salsas are vegan, so load up the flavor with fresh tomato salsa (mild), tomatillo red-chili salsa (hot), tomatillo green-chili salsa (medium hot), or roasted chili corn salsa (medium). In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Chipotle and chili powder provide ample spice to round off the sweet, seasonal flavor of butternut squash. Top with crispy tortilla strips and plenty of creamy, diced Avocados from Mexico for a hearty meal that will satisfy vegans, carnivores and gluten-free eaters alike.