Vegan chilli con carne. Mouthwatering Meatless Chili Con Carne (vegan). The only proof you need that vegan food can go toe to toe with meat dishes – and win. Hurry The Food Up Vegan and Vegetarian Recipes For Busy People..
I like to pair mine with brown rice or quinoa, or even as a topping for a baked sweet potato. You can also use the chilli as tortilla filling and make delicious vegan burritos or serve wit corn chips and dairy-free cheese for a nachos style dish. Thank you Circulon for sponsoring this recipe!. You can have Vegan chilli con carne using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan chilli con carne
- It’s 2 of large white onions.
- You need 2 of red or orange bell peppers.
- You need 5 pieces of jar jalapeños.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic or 2 heaped tsp garlic paste.
- Prepare of Chilli powder.
- It’s of Ground cumin.
- It’s of Paprika (not smoked).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 250 g of red lentils.
- You need 4 tins of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 2 tins of red kidney beans.
- You need 2 tins of chickpeas.
- You need 1 bunch of coriander.
Today I'm going back to basics and re-making an old favourite: Chilli Con Carne. Last month, I posted a round-up of easy vegan weeknight dinners and was blown away by how popular it was! I'd had numerous requests for easy vegan dinner ideas, which is what inspired me to create it in the first place. This vegan chilli con carne is perfect for a healthy, meat-free meal.
Vegan chilli con carne instructions
- Finely chop the onions and chop the peppers into small pieces. Heat oil in a large pan on a medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and fry for 3-4 minutes. Stirring frequently..
- Using a mortar and pestle or a food processor grind the garlic and jalapeños until they become a paste. Or chop them very finely..
- Add the garlic & jalapeños to the pot along with 2 tbsp chilli powder, 1 tbsp of ground cumin, 1 heaped tsp paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well..
- Add all the chopped tomatoes and 500ml water to the pan and stir. Then bring the pot to the boil..
- Then add the lentils with another pinch of salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on. Keep an eye on it, stir it occasionally to make sure it doesn't stick and if it looks too dry you can add more water but I didn't find that necessary..
- Then add the kidney beans and chickpeas to the pot with an extra 1 tbsp ground cumin and 1 tbsp chilli powder. I know this sounds like a lot of chilli powder but with all the tomatoes it's the perfect amount..
- Simmer for 30 minutes then take off the heat. Finely chop the coriander and stir through. Then serve over rice of your choice..
If you're a meat-eater, the roasted butternut squash and smoky flavour from the chipotle paste means that you won't miss the taste of meat whatsoever in this vegan dish, we promise. For some other amazing Vegan recipes make sure you also try our vegan pulled pork, our chipotle vegan pie or our vegan tacos. Vegan Chilli Con Carne A delicious vegan chilli con carne recipe that's warming and comforting whilst being completely healthy and nutritious. Don't believe anyone that tells you vegan food is boring!!! Vegan food has a bad reputation of being boring, uninspiring and tasteless.