Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook. Doesn't that sound like all of your dreams are coming true? This red lentil soup recipe is all about spices and flavors. In this recipe, I use garlic, fresh ginger, turmeric and paprika which are all aromatic and very flavorful.
They're a speckled green and cook up plump and with a touch of crunch. Soups And Stews, Brown Lentil, Ginger, Dinner, Appetizer, Main Course, Side Dish, Winter, Vegan, Vegetarian. Season then bring to the boil. You can cook Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook
- You need 200 g of orange lentils.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 50 g of fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- It’s Pinch of each of turmeric and paprika.
- It’s 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 litre of water or stock. (I used chicken stock, but if you use vegetable stock the recipe is vegetarian/vegan).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
This Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup is packed with protein thanks to the addition of red lentils! Due to the red lentils, you can expect this Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup to thicken considerably as it cools. You may want to add a little water to thin it out when re-heating. This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible!
Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, then gently fry the onion until starting to soften..
- Add the carrot, garlic, ginger and spices, fry for a few minutes more..
- Add the lentils, stock/water and tomatoes. Simmer gently until the lentils are soft (approx 15 – 20 minutes.).
- Cook until the lentils are starting to get a little soft. The soup is ready and can be served just as it is.
- Or can be blended with a stick blender and be served as a smoother soup..
Lentils are a great soure of fiber and protein. Lentil soup is a culinary wonder. It's creamy without any dairy, satisfying and protein-packed without any meat, and easy to make from a handful of kitchen staples. Serve with yoghurt, garnished with pepper, chilli and fresh herbs (if using). Ginger-lentil soup is a perfect natural remedy for cold season.