Vegan Asian Rice Salad. Try this healthy vegan Asian rice salad recipe, a nutritious vegetarian meal made with brown rice and vegetables for a fantastic mix of flavors and textures. It's a little bit sweet and a little bit sour, with lots of crunchy texture. The dressing is a nice fusion of fresh Asian flavours like sesame oil, rice vinegar and ginger paired with or orange juice and Dijon mustard.
How to Make a Asian Cucumber Salad Dressing. You really don't need anything super special for this dressing. If you generally make stir fry, lo mein or fried rice you most likely have the ingredients on hand. You can have Vegan Asian Rice Salad using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Asian Rice Salad
- Prepare 2 cup of White rice (I prefer sushi rice).
- You need 1 cup of Black beans.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Cilantro.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Parsley.
- It’s 1 dash of Chives.
- Prepare 1/2 of Avacado.
- You need 1 of Ginger soy sauce.
You'll need: rice vinegar, soy sauce, agave nectar, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Rice vinegar has a uniquely mild flavor and acidity that is just perfect for this recipe. While people have substituted the rice vinegar with white vinegar or apple cider vinegar, I find them both a bit too strong for this recipe. Also, be mindful not to use "seasoned" rice vinegar, which has other ingredients added and tastes quite different.
Vegan Asian Rice Salad instructions
- Cook rice pinto beans before hand. I prefer to make these in the morning if I'm using this recipe for supper. Like most of my recipes I prefer to cook my grains and beans in bulk so I can use them for multiple dishes thought out the week..
- Rice: Cook rice 1 part rice and two parts water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20min..
- Beans: bring beans to a boil and let simmer for at least two hours. Occasionally taste check. I prefer my beans a bit on the harder side since I use them in salads and Buddha bowls..
- Finely chop parsley and cilantro.
- Add avocado.
- Mix everything together and add ginger soy sauce (I buy mine at whole foods but you can use and sweet Asian sauce or marinate. Teriyaki, orange, ect.).
Asian wild rice salad with ginger soy dressing is a great side dish for barbecues, potlucks and picnics or a delicious main course for vegetarian and vegan eaters (substitutions included). More rice recipes you might like: ASIAN RAMEN NOODLE SALAD. I love, love me some ramen noodles. My Easy Vegan Ramen Noodle Soup is one of my very favorite and most popular recipes here on the blog. But, guess what, you can also eat ramen noodles cold!