Incredibly delicious okara vegan meatballs. Looking for something to do with the pulp left over from your home made soy milk? Definitely do NOT throw it out. You can make these nutritious meatless.
Finally, it is time to prepare the sauce. Hi Anita, This dish looks delicious. If I don't have the soy bean pulp, will firm tofu that is drained and mashed be a good substitute? You can cook Incredibly delicious okara vegan meatballs using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Incredibly delicious okara vegan meatballs
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of oatmeal flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- You need 3 tbsp of mustard (I used Johnny Walker).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of curry paste.
- You need 1 cup of Fresh Okara.
- It’s 1 of green pepper.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 of big tomato.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Grinding up seitan and mixing it with okara makes some delicious vegan sausages. Okara is the soy bean pulp leftover from making Homemade Soy Milk (or in my case, using a Soy Milk Machine). It's full of protein, low in fat and makes some delicious vegan "crab cakes". OH, and it also makes some delicious Vegan Okara (Soy Milk Pulp) Brownies!
Incredibly delicious okara vegan meatballs step by step
- Mix in a blender until fairly liquified liquid ketchup, mustard, garlic, curry, 1/2 the chopped green pepper and about 3/4 of the chopped tomato and half the chopped onion.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl..
- Pour the ketchup mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well with your hand..
- Add the okara and the rest of the onion, pepper and tomato and mix well. Mixture should be a bit sticky but should be able to be shaped. If too dry, add a bit of water and adjust salt and pepper. If too wet, add more oatmeal flour. The humidity of your house influences the mixture so you can always adjust..
- Shape meatballs into a desired size. You can also shape as burger patties and hot dogs..
- Steam for around 30 minutes..
- Let sit for 10 minutes so the meatballs get a harder and dry up..
- Serve with pasta, alone with sauce and cheese or however you like your meatballs..
- To know how to get Okara, go to my recipe for homemade soymilk https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/354507-homemade-soymilk.
Okara is the pulp left over from making soymilk. It's full of fiber, and it makes these delicious, low-fat cookies moist. It's a hard job, but somebody had to do it, and I hope you all appreciate what I went through for you today. I mean, it's bad enough having to make one batch of. But hey, even if you're aren't vegan doesn't necessarily mean you won't like these vegan dinner recipes either, because trust me, I'm sure you will!