Sig's Tomato and Lentil Soup.
You can have Sig's Tomato and Lentil Soup using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Tomato and Lentil Soup
- Prepare 5 of fresh spring onion, white and green finely chopped.
- You need 1 of to 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of wild garlic salt (optional).
- Prepare 1 pinch of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 of cm piece peeled and chopped fresh ginger.
- It’s 2 of good pinches of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 of good pinches of fenugreek.
- Prepare 1 pinch of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 pinch of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 of good pinches of turmeric.
- You need 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 250 grams of best plum tomatoes.
- It’s 250 grams of drained weight, canned lentils.
- Prepare 1 tsp of knorr aromat or other stock seasoning.
- It’s of water.
- It’s 3 slice of fairly thick cut of tomatoes for each person.
- You need 2 pinch of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 pinch of of sparkling powder fine sugar for caramelising tomatoes.
- It’s 8 of sprigs of fresh coriander.
Sig's Tomato and Lentil Soup instructions
- For this recipe you can either use dried and soaked lentils or canned lentils. I use puy lentils or green lentils , but you can use red if you prefer . You can also use canned plum tomatoes or fresh cherry tomatoes. If using fresh tomatoes do not remove the seeds as you will lose some of the health benefits , they will be pureed anyway..
- If you are using canned lentils rinse them well under cold water and drain.
- Add all ingredients except the sliced tomatoes , cinnamon and sugar into a saucepan, slightly heat the contents in the pan, then puree into a very smooth soup, thickness to your liking.. Heat until cooked through and simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir frequent to prevent setting onto the bottom of the pan..
- Sprinkle the tomato slices from both sides with the sugar and dry fry in a hot pan until they slightly char and caramelise.
- Serve soup in bowls with the tomato slices sprinkle with cinnamon , add a few sprigs of fresh coriander.