Lemon Kale with Orecchiette – Vegan. Kale, the incredibly popular dark leafy green also happens to be incredibly tasty and fun to cook with, as well as pretty nutritious. Here we answer all your questions including where it comes from, how to use the different kinds, and whether dogs can eat it. The avocado, lemon, and pine nuts add such a nice touch and it's so easy!
Orecchiette ("little ears" in Italian) are the perfect shape for cupping the kale and breadcrumbs. It isn't often we demolish an entire bowl of something without once suspecting that it was vegan. Orecchiette (little ears pasta) is a classic shape that's ideal for this chunky sauce. You can have Lemon Kale with Orecchiette – Vegan using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Kale with Orecchiette – Vegan
- You need 1/2 of sweet onion, diced.
- You need 1 of bell pepper, sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 of zest of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 cup of kale, cut into strips.
- It’s 2 cup of orecchiette pasta, cooked.
Top pasta mixture evenly with bacon and cheese; drizzle evenly with lemon juice. Other than that, this went together easily and was very flavorful. Kale, the king of the leafy greens, some love it, some not so much, but I think we can all agree that kale is a nutritional power house. Healthy Tip: Full-grown kale can be a bit tough when eating raw in salads.
Lemon Kale with Orecchiette – Vegan instructions
- This vegan dish can be served as a side or entree depending on portion size..
- Prepare pasta following package instruction. 1 to 1 1/2 cups dry pasta should yield 2+ cups cooked. Cook until al dente..
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add diced onion, cook until onion behind to turn transparent..
- Add pepper slices. Continue cooking until onion starts to carmelize..
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice. Place kale in skillet, sprinkle salt on top. Saute until kale wilts, reducing in size..
- Once wilted, add pasta, mixing in until well coated by lemon oil mixture. Serve immediately..
Soften, aka massage, the kale first by tossing it with lemon juice, or the. Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad with romaine, golden raisins, currants, slivered almonds, shallots and basil. Use a food processor to quickly chop up the kale. Serve this easy vegan recipe over your favorite rice for a quick weeknight. We're using orecchiette, whose shape is just right for holding onto other ingredients.