Vegan Caribbean Bowl (Ackee N Jackfruit, Callaloo, Plantain).
You can cook Vegan Caribbean Bowl (Ackee N Jackfruit, Callaloo, Plantain) using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Caribbean Bowl (Ackee N Jackfruit, Callaloo, Plantain)
- Prepare 160 g of Ackee.
- Prepare 200 g of Jackfruit.
- Prepare 160 g of Callaloo.
- Prepare 2 of Tomatoes.
- It’s 1/4 of Red Bell Pepper.
- You need 1/4 of Green Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 of Yellow Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Scotch Bonnet.
- It’s 4 of Spring Onions.
- You need 4 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare 1 of Ripe Plantain.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Thyme.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of All Purpose.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 Tsp of Salt.
- You need of Vegetable Oil.
Vegan Caribbean Bowl (Ackee N Jackfruit, Callaloo, Plantain) step by step
- Wash and drain the Jackfruit followed by trimming the rubbery ends off until you are left with shredded pieces (mimics shredded Saltfish) and season with Salt. Heat 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil in a large pan on medium heat and add 2 chopped Spring Onions and 2 chopped Garlic Cloves for a few minutes before adding the Jackfruit. Add 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper, 1 Tsp Thyme, 1 Tsp Paprika and 1 Tsp All Purpose Seasoning..
- After a few minutes, add 1 chopped Tomato, Mixed Bell Peppers and half a Scotch Bonnet. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally. Top with half a Tsp Salt to taste if necessary before adding the Ackee and cooking for a minute or so and place aside. Be gentle when stirring the Ackee as it is delicate and could break/melt..
- In another pan, heat 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil and fry 2 chopped Spring Onions and 2 crushed Garlic Cloves followed by 1 Chopped Tomato and half a Scotch Bonnet and let simmer for few minutes. Add the Callaloo, 1 Tsp Thyme, 1 Tsp All Purpose, 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper and 1/2 Tsp Salt, sauté for a few minutes before setting aside..
- Peel the Plantain, slice diagonally and fry for a minute on each side until golden brown..