Mince (fruit) Pies. Mini versions of your favorite pie! So cute, so easy – and of course, so delicious! Change up the filling and try using other fruit like peach, or blueberry.
Mince pies or mincemeat pies or tarts originate in England and are little pastry shells filled with a mixture of dried fruit and spice filling. Mince pies are very popular sweets during the Christmas season. You can use this recipe to make any type of pie! You can have Mince (fruit) Pies using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mince (fruit) Pies
- It’s 1 of mix of Sweet Shortcrust Pastry(see my other recipes)(use margarine for Vegans).
- It’s 1 of kilo Best Mincemeat Mix.
- It’s 500 Grams of Glacé Cherries.
- It’s 50-100 mls of Dark Rum.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of 2 cutters, one larger than the other.
- It’s of 1 star cutter (optional).
Peach pie, apple pie, pumpkin pie, etc! It's so easy and so versatile. If you want to see the written. My purely delicious fruit mince pies recipe.
Mince (fruit) Pies instructions
- Chill pastry, if not already. Set aside 1/3 pastry for lids. Butter 2 x 12 cup cake tins..
- Put all the mincemeat and cherries into a bowl. Tip over the Rum, mix well and leave to soak while you prepare the pastry..
- Roll out 2/3 pastry, (for bases,) using the larger cutter cut out enough circles to fill two 12 cup cake tins. Press gently to fit..
- Whisk the eggs in a cup. Use a pastry brush to coat all the insides and rims of the cases..
- Spoon mince mix into the cups, making sure it’s not over the rims..
- Using trimmings, plus the other 1/3 of pastry, roll out into a sheet. Cut 24 lids with smaller cutter. Use Star cutter in centre, or pierce with a fork..
- Add lids to cups. Press down edges to seal. Baste with beaten egg..
- Cook in medium hot oven for 15-25 minutes, turning once to brown evenly. Carefully prize out of the tins, (as the liquid sticks them in!), and put on a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy! Can be frozen up to 6 months..
My purely delicious fruit mince pies recipe. I've tried to cover most bases such as gluten, wheat and dairy free which is why I've given you a few pastry options. Make fruit mince three days ahead. Finely chop apple and half the sultanas. Combine in bowl with remaining sultanas and remaining ingredients, mix well.