Lentil cottage pie. This lentil cottage pie recipe is a great place to start. It's suitable for all ages and all palates! Michela's veg & lentil cottage pie.
This tasted just as rich and delicious as a meat shepherds pie, but it's a great deal cheaper to make with lentils. Made with Double concentrated tomato paste. When you need a strong and intense taste of tomato, tomato paste is your choice. You can have Lentil cottage pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lentil cottage pie
- Prepare 1 tin of lentils.
- You need of Carrots.
- Prepare of Peas.
- Prepare of Mushrooms.
- It’s of Vegan stock.
- It’s of Marmite 1tbl spoon.
- It’s of Garlic.
- It’s of Onion.
- Prepare of Sweet potatoes.
- It’s of Yeast flakes 3tbl spoons.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
This tangy and moreish cheesy lentil cottage pie is one for the whole family. So simple to make packed full of plenty of flavour. Here is a vegetarian alternative to one of our favourite dishes, cottage pie. Stir in the tomato purée and add seasoning.
Lentil cottage pie instructions
- Chop up the carrots and mushrooms I do them small so they cook quicker.
- Fry off the garlic and onions until golden.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms for 5mins.
- Add the vegan stock, lentils, peas, marmite, salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil the sweet potatoes and mash with the yeast flakes..
- Simmer for 5mins before adding in to an oven proof dish.
- Top with mash and bake till bubbling, or even skip the oven part as everything is cooked through as it’s just veg no nasty meat.
Cook for a few mins, then add the lentils and stock. Wild Mushroom and Lentil Cottage Pie. This vegetarian version of the old British classic is every bit as hearty as its meaty cousin. Buy the ingredients for our Lentil and mushroom cottage pie recipe from Tesco today. Stir in the tomato purée, tomatoes, lentils and stock.