My homemade masala chai tea – can be vegan. Almond milk tea with fresh ginger, homemade chai spice blend with cardamom, cinnamon, pepper. Masala Chai was the last of the non-vegan foods to be eliminated from our diet. Hubbs and me both grew up guzzling cups of chai every morning with breakfast.
I create delicious vegan comfort food in a healthier way. How to make authentic Masala Chai, like they do in India, using whole spices. This would be delicious served with Spicy Chai Molasses Cookies! You can cook My homemade masala chai tea – can be vegan using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My homemade masala chai tea – can be vegan
- Prepare 1 of mug milk of your choice – if you’re using a plant-based milk, use unsweetened.
- It’s 1/4 of mug water.
- It’s 5 of green cardamom pods, crushed.
- Prepare of couple of grinds of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 3 of cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of strong black tea powder or 1 black strong tea bag.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of sweetener of choice; i use palmyra jaggery (SugaVida in the UK) – an unrefined sugar with quite a few nutritional benefits; honey also works if you can eat honey.
Some households will custom blend their own teas to create their own signature flavor. This can be a very personal thing. Homemade Chai Tea (Hot, Iced, and Concentrate). My version is all based around making a chai concentrate so that you can refrigerate it and keep it around for multiple batches.
My homemade masala chai tea – can be vegan instructions
- Add the milk and water to a pan. Turn the heat on low..
- Add the cardamom, pepper, ginger, cloves and tea immediately and leave to simmer for 10-15 mins..
- Add the cinnamon and sugar and simmer for another 5 mins..
- Strain and enjoy 😋.
Masala chai is a creamy, spiced tea that's most popular in India but is increasingly enjoyed around the world. I used high quality organic black tea bags and homemade organic cashew milk which are key to a great taste. The leftovers today tasted even better as the flavors were intensified after a very slow. Homemade Masala Chai can be made quickly with this easy chai spice mix recipe. You'll never go back to store-bought chai lattes with this authentic Indian recipe!