Vegan mince pies. These homemade Vegan Mince Pies hold the very essence of Christmas in their delicious pastry crusts. Nothing can beat one warm from the oven with a glass of mulled wine! Bake vegan mince pies for the Christmas season using cherries and nuts.
Just make sure you get vegan mincemeat! Vegan mince pies – a vegan version of the popular Christmas treat with boozy, easy to make home-made mincemeat and crisp coconut oil pastry. What is your favourite festive food? You can have Vegan mince pies using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan mince pies
- You need 250 g of plain flour.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s Jar of mincemeat.
- Prepare 10 tablespoons of cold water.
- It’s 80 g of sugar.
- You need 100 g of coconut oil (or other oil).
You can win friends with pie. This is based on a traditional mince and onion pie. There are lots of things you can add and change as you go. Perfectly flakey vodka pastry, filled with spiced fruit mince – you'll not find a more delicious vegan mince pie recipe anywhere!
Vegan mince pies instructions
- Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and oil until you have breadcrumbs in the bowl..
- Slowly add the water mixing until you have a firm dough. Add more water or flour if too wet/dry..
- Roll out the dough and use a cookie cutter to make large circles. Place them in a muffin tin and shape..
- Fill each piece of pastry with mincemeat and roll out the remain dough. Cut into stars and pop on the top..
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and put your pies in the fridge to chill while the oven heats up..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and sprinkle with icing sugar..
The best healthy vegan mince pie recipe designed by kitchen whizz Mira Manek. It wouldn't be christmas without mince pies, but this version is refined sugar, dairy, and gluten free and vegan. Vegan mincemeat pies are just as delicious as any mincemeat pie. Perfect for the holiday season, these vegan mincemeat pies are likely to be eaten up quickly. Chop the apples into little chunks and place into a large saucepan and add in the orange juice & zest, sweetner, raisins.