You can have Miso Soup using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Miso Soup
- You need 2 cups of vegan dashi stock.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of miso.
- It’s 1 inch of square of silken tofu.
- You need 3 pieces of wakame seaweed.
- It’s of 2 spring onions to garnish.
Miso Soup step by step
- Hydrate the wakame seaweed by soaking in a little hot water. Chop the spring onions (you only need the greens) to garnish..
- Gently heat the dashi stock and seaweed and hear gently for a few minutes. Stir in the miso paste but do not boil the liquid as it will destroy nutritional benefits and taste. We used brown rice miso, which has quite a strong but delicate flavour. Taste your stock and add more if required. Add the tofu and continue to heat for a minute..
- Serve and garnish with spring onions. This is nice to start a meal or as a side dish with rice and vegetables..