South Indian Green Beans – vegan. Did you catch a cold this winter? Cozy up with this spicy bowl of hot soup that clears up blocked nostrils and relieves cold. But also good on any other day!
Would these VEGAN Green Beans actually taste just as good without any of the traditional animal parts used for flavoring? Only one way to find out… Traditionally green beans are cooked with bacon and potatoes but with my classic dish and served as a side dish. I used smoked paprika to give the bacon-like flavor but you could substitute with vegan sausage or liquid smoke. You can cook South Indian Green Beans – vegan using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of South Indian Green Beans – vegan
- You need 1 cup of / 150g green bean, chopped into 2-3cm long pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1/2 can of coconut milk, light.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of creamed coconut, grated – optional.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 of curry leaves.
How To Make Vegan Southern Green Beans and Potatoes? See how to make a simple, spicy Indian side dish. A really good green bean recipe. And, I'm not a huge green bean fan.
South Indian Green Beans – vegan step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on medium heat..
- Add mustard seeds..
- When they begin to pop, add all the spices. Saute for 1-2 minutes..
- Add coconut milk and grated coconut if using. Add the salt. Simmer for a couple of minutes til the sauce thickens..
- Add the beans. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes until the beans are cooked but still have a bit of crunch..
- Serve as a side dish or with basmati rice for a simple meal. Enjoy!.
I did not have black mustard seed (nor have I ever heard of it) but the internet told me to sub horseradish. An authentic South Indian curry incorporating traditional spices including dried whole red chillies, fenugreek seeds, coriander and turmeric. The twist on the traditional sambar is the addition of cauliflower and green beans roasted in turmeric and black onion seeds. Aloo Beans is a vegan Indian Green Beans Curry with Potatoes. » Szechuan Green Beans – Watch indian cooking videos by Hetal and Anuja. Easy to follow healthy indian recipe videos, curry recipes, chicken recipes, south indian recipes, north indian recipes, vegetarian recipes, non-veg recipes on. vegan green bean main course recipes. butternut, green beans, red onion and tofu with maple syrup glaze. kid-friendly green beans sabzi.