Cottage Pie (Vegan).
You can cook Cottage Pie (Vegan) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie (Vegan)
- It’s 1 of Onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of Carrots, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of tomato purée.
- You need 800 g of Chopped tomato (2 cans).
- It’s 2 Tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 150 g of Dried red lentils.
- Prepare 700 ml of Vegetable stock.
- Prepare 400 g of Potato, mashed.
- You need 2 of Spring onions.
- It’s 50 g of Soya mince (optional).
Cottage Pie (Vegan) step by step
- Heat onions & carrots in a large pan with a small amount of vegetable stock. Cook for 5-10 mins, until softened. Then add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes..
- Stir in tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, thyme, lentils & the remaining vegetable stock, then simmer for 25-30 minutes until the mixture is reduced and creamy. Season to taste..
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200 degrees, cook potatoes & mash (Add dairy free spread & dash of almond milk for a creamy tasting mash). Then stir in the spring onion and season to taste..
- Pour the lentil mixture into an ovenproof dish and spread evenly. Top with the mash potato and bake for 15-20 minutes, until crisp and golden..
- Serve with seasonal vegetables..