Vegetarian Popia (Enjoyed by my friends of Vegan level 3).
You can have Vegetarian Popia (Enjoyed by my friends of Vegan level 3) using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Popia (Enjoyed by my friends of Vegan level 3)
- It’s 1 packages of Popia skin / Pastry skin.
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Butter – Can be sub with olive or corn oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Grated garlic.
- It’s 2 cup of Big challot / Big red indian onion – Julian cut.
- You need 2 cup of Cabbage – Julian cut.
- You need 2 cup of Carot – Julian cut.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg powder / Grated.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chicken / fish stock powder (Optional).
- You need 1/3 cup of Mayo.
- Prepare of Egg Wash.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Water.
- You need 1 of Egg (May remove for straight Vegan).
- It’s of Optional For None Vegan.
- You need 1 cup of Grated cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of Minced chicken / beef + 2 TBSP salted butter.
Vegetarian Popia (Enjoyed by my friends of Vegan level 3) step by step
- I AM AN OLD LADY AND I DONT LIKE OR RESPECT THOSE WHOE COME TROUGH MY DOOR NOT KNOCKING AND EXPRESS RUDENESS. I HAVE A VERY WONDERFUL VEGAN FRIENDS AND I RESPECT THEM AS MUCH AS I LOVES THEM. AS FAR AS I'M CONCERN, VEGAN HAS FEW LEVEL OF 'VEGANITY'. I MAY NOT HAVE A 'CHEF' TITTLE OR 20 DECADE EXPERIENCE AS A COOK BUT THIS SOME RECIPE WHAT WE HAVE ENJOYED EVEN BY MY VEGAN FRIENDS. SO, FOR THOSE STRAIGHT / TRUE / HIGHEST VEGAN, PLEASE DO REMOVE ANY OF THE INGREDIENT WHICHEVER NEEDED OR OTHERWISE LEAVE THE RECIPE AND MOVE ON… THANK U.
- Wipe clean a pan and heat it up. Add in the butter and garlic, let them melt together aromatically. Add in the challot then the cabbage, let the cabbage caramalized then add in the carrot follows by the sugar, salt, nutmeg and the stock. Once done, rest them on the strainer and let them aside to cool down to room temp then add in the mayo.
- Fried to scramble the minced meat / chicken with few TBSP of butter. Set them aside on a strainer to have them cool to room temp.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg with 2 TBSP of water to create an egg wash.
- Pull a pastry skin and place it on a clean flat top (Table top or a choppping board). Using a kitchen brush, spread the egg wash on the pastry skin. Take a spoon of the cooked vege, layer them on the pastry skin and (Optionally) add some of the fried minced meat / chicken then sprinkle some cheese on the layer. Roll the pastry skin to cover the filling half way and fold both left right end, brush some egg wash then continue to finish off the rolling. Set aside and keep making them till you're done.
- Deep fried until they're golden brownish and let them stand on the strainer for few minutes before you can finally serve them out with some Thai Chilli Sauce or the normal sweet chilli sauce.