Vegan Cottage pie for babies. Topped with creamy, fluffy mashed potatoes. Simple, hearty and satisfying vegan cottage pie. Layered veggie mince, baked butternut and mashed potatoes make a filling and delicious dinner.
Is vegan cottage pie suitable for babies and toddlers? Can I make this vegan cottage pie ahead? This Vegan Shepherd's Pie (or Vegan Cottage Pie) is true comfort food for fall and for winter with rainbow carrots, zucchini (courgette) and eggplant (aubergine) topped with creamy vegan mashed potatoes. You can have Vegan Cottage pie for babies using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Cottage pie for babies
- It’s 1/2 cup of green lentils.
- Prepare 1 of small carrot.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- It’s Tablespoon of oregano.
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- You need of Baby milk of choice.
- It’s of Slither of oil.
A comforting Vegan Cottage Pie recipe packed with loads of cooked vegetables, lentils and spice topped with a fluffy sweet potato mash. Cottage Pie just screams comfort and warmth. Especially during the colder winter months when we want to snuggle up with a blanket and eat our emotions. Leek, squash and broccoli pie – Main course – Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Vegan Cottage pie for babies instructions
- Ingredients ✅.
- Cook carrots, onions and garlic in oil. Chop thinly and cook until soft.
- Dice potatoes and put on to boil.
- When onions, carrots & garlic is cooked & soft add lentils with water and oregano. You can also add more herbs here to taste (depending on where you baby is in weaning). Crank the heat so the lentils cook, stirring regularly.
- Keep stirring lentils and adding water as necessary until they are cooked. And if you need to walk off and look after your baby turn the hob off. Don’t forget and burn the whole thing…. 🙋🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️😭.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain and leave to cool. When they are room temperature blend with baby milk of choice (breast or formula).
- When lentils are cooked, leave to cool and blend with baby milk of choice. You may also want to add peas for protein..
- Portion for baby together like a cottage pie, with lentils and potato in each portion. Making as big as your baby would like..
- Note on storage. For baby food mixed with breast milk this can be kept in the fridge for 3 days from when the milk was pumped and 6 months in the freezer. For formula follow your providers instructions..
Vegetarian Living is a new magazine for people who want to be inspired by vegetarian cooking – whether you are vegetarian, vegan or simply want to cut down your meat intake and eat more healthily. We're so happy to share this recipe with you, we got so excited figuring this one out, it's so delicious and belly warming. Vegan cottage pie recipe made with mushrooms, lentils and rosemary. Top with crispy potatoes for a healthier midweek meal. Behind a deliciously crispy potato topping lies a rich mushroom and lentil vegan cottage pie filling.