Vickys 'Any Way' Flapjacks, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys 'Any Way' Flapjacks, GF DF EF SF NF using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys 'Any Way' Flapjacks, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 160 grams of sunflower spread/butter.
- You need 115 grams of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of golden syrup or 3, depending on how gooey you like them.
- It’s 240 grams of gluten free porridge oats.
- Prepare 115 grams of extras you want to add eg. chopped nuts, seeds, dried fruits, chocolate chips etc.
Vickys 'Any Way' Flapjacks, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and grease a shallow 7 x 11" tin.
- Put the butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan and heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add in the oats and extras of choice. (I added 50g finely chopped dates, 30g Enjoy Life free-from chocolate chips, 20g sunflower seeds and 15g dessicated coconut).
- Stir in well, the mixture will be very stiff. If it gets too stiff to stir, put it back on the heat to loosen it.
- Spoon into the greased tin and flatten down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden. It will still look soft but it will harden up as it cools down so don't be tempted to overbake.
- Slice into 11 x 1"wide by 3.5" long sized pieces but leave in the tin to cool.
- If you like, melt 100g safe chocolate and spoon or drizzle over the flapjacks in the tin when they've cooled 5 minutes, then place in the fridge for half an hour to set.