Vickys Basic Porridge with Topping Variations, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Basic Porridge with Topping Variations, GF DF EF SF NF using 28 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Basic Porridge with Topping Variations, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of Basic Porridge Recipe.
- Prepare 125 grams of rolled porridge oats.
- Prepare 400 ml of water.
- You need 350 ml of milk of choice.
- You need of Honey Nut Topping.
- Prepare 400 grams of chopped hazelnuts.
- Prepare 30 grams of flaked almonds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of runny honey/maple syrup.
- You need 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of sliced bananas.
- You need of Seeded Topping.
- You need 75 grams of dried cranberries.
- It’s 1 tbsp of linseeds/flaxseeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of shelled sunflower seeds.
- You need 250 grams of low-fat plain yogurt.
- You need of Fruity Topping.
- Prepare 300 grams of mixed berries.
- You need 50 grams of dried apple.
- Prepare 4 tsp of runny honey/maple syrup.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 250 grams of low-fat plain yogurt.
- You need of Compote Topping.
- It’s 100 grams of dried apricots, chopped.
- It’s 150 ml of orange juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 2 of cardamom pods, squashed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted pistachio nuts, chopped.
Vickys Basic Porridge with Topping Variations, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- To make the Basic porridge recipe, put the oats, water and milk in a pan and bring to the boil stirring frequently. Reduce to a simmer for 6 minutes or until thickened. You can serve plain with sugar/salt to taste or use one of the following topping recipes.
- For the Honey Nut topping, preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a baking tray. Combine the nuts, sugar, honey/syrup and cinnamon then spread over the tray. Bake for 10 minuted, cool, then use as topping for the basic recipe with some sliced banana.
- For the Seeded topping, simply stir the seeds and cranberries through the basic porridge and top with some plain yogurt.
- For the Fruity topping, stir the apple and cinnamon into the basic porridge and top each bowl with some berries, yogurt and a drizzle of honey.
- For the Compote topping, put everything except the pistachios into a small saucepan and let simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened and syrupy. Top the basic porridge with the compote and sprinkle the pistachios over the top.
- Using gluten-free oats, alternative non-dairy milk such as coconut, rice or almond milk and coconut milk yogurt makes these recipes gluten, dairy & soy-free https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338845-vickys-coconut-yogurt-by-easiyo-yogurt-maker-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/333084-vickys-homemade-rice-milk-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free.
- See my other posted porridge recipes for even more topping ideas.