You can cook Vegan Gimbap using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Gimbap
- It’s 1.5 cup of cooked rice (sushi rice is better).
- Prepare of Roasted seaweed for Maki (about 8"x 8" in size).
- It’s 1 pack of lettuce.
- It’s 1 of large firm tofu.
- You need 1 pc of cucumber.
- You need 1 pc of carrot.
- Prepare 1 pc of sweet mango.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vinegar (for sushi rice).
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar (for sushi rice).
- It’s of Salt & pepper (for tofu).
- It’s of Roasted sesame seeds (optional).
Vegan Gimbap instructions
- Cook rice as you would normally cook it..
- While waiting for the rice to cook. Slice your firm tofu lengthwise (like french fries). Season with some salt and pepper. And deep fry it until crispy..
- Slice your carrots, cucumber and mangoes lengthwise same with tofu. Set aside..
- When rice is ready, remove from rice cooker or pan while rice is still hot or warm. Place it in a bowl. Add the vinegar and sugar to make it a little bit sticky. Then sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds to add flavor..
- Now it is assemble time! 😁.
- Lay down roasted seaweed first. Then cover it up with your lettuce. Then spread thinly the rice on top of lettuce. Make sure lettuce and rice is less than the perimeter of the seaweed (about half inch?) so you can still enclose it after rolling..
- In the middle, arrange your carrots, cucumber, fried tofu..
- Then roll it! I only used bare hands, but it is easier with bamboo mat..
- Slice it and enjoy!.