Vickys Festive Florentines, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Festive Florentines, GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Festive Florentines, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 2 tbsp of golden syrup (see my profile for the recipe).
- It’s 75 grams of sunflower spread / butter.
- You need 65 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 80 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- It’s 40 grams of flaked almonds (or swap out for other dried fruit/nuts).
- You need 50 grams of glacé cherries, chopped.
- You need 50 grams of mixed candied peel.
- You need 50 grams of dried cranberries.
Vickys Festive Florentines, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the syrup, sugar and butter in a saucepan.
- Melt until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients until well coated with the syrup mixture.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheet. I do 2 batches of 9 so they have plenty of room to spread out.
- Bake for 12 minutes until the florentines have flattened and spread out and are bubbling around the edges.
- If they haven't flattened enough they'll still be soft and you can use a spoon to pat down the tops and tidy round the edges to make them neater if you wish.
- Let sit on the tray for a good 5 minutes then carefully transfer to a wire rack to fully set.
- If you want to be fancy, melt some safe chocolate and coat the bottoms of the florentines. Let set upsides down on a wire rack.