Vickys Homemade 'Box' Cake Mix, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free.
You can cook Vickys Homemade 'Box' Cake Mix, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Homemade 'Box' Cake Mix, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free
- Prepare 94 grams of white sorghum flour.
- You need 64 grams of cornstarch or arrowroot powder.
- You need 100 grams of granulated sugar, I use vanilla sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder*.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda / bicarb.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum / guar gum*.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
Vickys Homemade 'Box' Cake Mix, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free instructions
- Mix the ingredients and store for up to 6 months in a lidded container. You could fill jars of the mix and gift them with these directions included:.
- Preheat oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line or grease an 8" tin or 12 hole muffin pan.
- Add 60mls oil, 180mls rice milk, 2 eggs or equivalent amount egg replacer* and a tsp of vanilla extract to the dry mix and whisk until combined.
- Fill the tin / cupcake cases halfway with the batter.
- Bake cakes for 25 – 30 minutes and cupcakes for 17 – 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and frost as desired.
- *see my profile for a gluten-free baking powder recipe and my best gluten-free egg replacer recipe – this has xanthan gum in the mix so the 1/2tsp xanthan in the cake dry mix above must be left out.
- Dry mix makes 1 x 8" round or 12 cupcakes.
- FYI I used my own egg replacer in these cupcakes listed under Vickys Best Gluten-Free Egg Replacer. I used 3tsp of it mixed with 4tbsp rice milk and 2tbsp oil and omitted the xanthan gum.