Spicy Indian Lentil Curry with Midnight Rice.
You can have Spicy Indian Lentil Curry with Midnight Rice using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Indian Lentil Curry with Midnight Rice
- Prepare 2 Tbsps of coconut oil (30 ml).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic , minced (1 1/2 Tbsp or 9 g).
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger minced.
- You need 1/2 of onion diced.
- You need 3 Tbsps of (60 g) red curry paste (ensure vegan friendly).
- Prepare 1 6 – ounces (170 g) cans of tomatoes diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of water (240 ml).
- You need 1 of bouillon tbl.
- It’s 2/3 cup of lentils water (128 g) dry , thoroughly rinsed in cold + drained.
- Prepare 1 – 2 Tbsps of sugar (12-24 g).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric ground , plus more to taste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coconut milk (80 ml) light.
Spicy Indian Lentil Curry with Midnight Rice instructions
- Rinse lentils in a fine mesh strainer and set aside. ** make sure there aren't any little rocks in your lentils!.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add coconut oil, garlic, onion and ginger. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring often..
- Add curry paste and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently..
- Add tomatoes, water and bouillon, and stir to combine. Then add lentils, sugar, turmeric, and stir..
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat slightly to low (or medium-low), and gently simmer for 20 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Stir frequently, and add more water as needed if the mixture becomes too thick..
- Stir in coconut milk for additional creaminess, and to balance the heat of the curry..
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more turmeric for depth of flavor, sugar for sweetness/flavor balance, or a pinch of salt for saltiness..
- Enjoy with Midnight rice, brown rice, or naan!.