Vickys Valentine Chocolate Shortbread Hearts, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Valentine Chocolate Shortbread Hearts, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Valentine Chocolate Shortbread Hearts, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of Dough.
- You need 150 grams of sunflower spread / butter, softened.
- You need 65 grams of caster sugar.
- It’s 15 grams of cocoa powder.
- It’s 215 grams of gluten-free/plain flour.
- You need of Buttercream.
- Prepare 75 grams of sunflower spread / butter, softened.
- It’s 125 grams of icing / powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Decoration.
- You need 50 grams of icing/powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of or 2 of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cocoa powder.
Vickys Valentine Chocolate Shortbread Hearts, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Beat the sunflower spread and sugar together until light and creamy then split evenly between 2 bowls, 100g in each.
- To one bowl, add the cocoa powder and 100g of the flour.
- To the other add the remaining flour.
- Mix each bowls ingredients into a dough and set one bowl aside.
- Flour a surface and roll or pat out one dough to a 1/2 cm thick.
- Using a 3.5cm heart shaped cutter, stamp out as many shapes as you can, re-rolling the dough as needed. You need an even number of hearts, I got 16.
- Clean and flour your surface again and roll out the second dough. Cut out the same number of shapes as you did the first time.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and lay the heart cut outs on them.
- Prick lightly all over with a fork and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes, let cool on the tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Make the buttercream by mixing the sunflower spread and icing sugar together until light and creamy and adding in the vanilla.
- Spread the chocolate hearts with buttercream and put a plain shortbread heart on top of each.
- These are so cute!! Turn half over so there are an even amount of each colour facing up.
- Mix the icing sugar and water to make a glaze that isn't thin but you can drizzle easily.
- Use a teaspoon to drizzle the white icing over the chocolate topped sandwiches. Add the cocoa to the leftover glaze and drizzle it over the plain topped cookies.
- Let the icing set, then serve.
- You can drizzle melted chocolate if you prefer.