Patatas Bravas (vegan).
You can have Patatas Bravas (vegan) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Patatas Bravas (vegan)
- Prepare 400 grams of new potatoes.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, smashed and peeled.
- It’s 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of tomato puree/tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- You need 3/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
Patatas Bravas (vegan) instructions
- Scrub the potatoes under cold water and cut any bigger ones in half.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Gently warm half of the olive oil in a small fry pan and add the garlic. Allow it to infuse the oil over a very gentle heat for at least five minutes, then scoop the garlic out and discard it.
- Into the oil, again on a low heat, stir in the tomato puree/paste, cayenne, paprika, maple syrup, vinegar and salt and stir it until it has all combined with the oil. Taste and adjust to taste..
- Remove the sauce to a small bowl and allow to cool..
- Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender, then drain and allow to cool..
- Heat the other 2 tbsp of oil in a large saute pan, and add the potatoes..
- Fry the potatoes until crisp and deeply golden, remove onto a plate with kitchen paper on it, sprinkle with a good pinch of sea salt and serve them with the tomato sauce, either on the side for dipping or poured all over the top..