Vickys Sweetcorn Relish, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Sweetcorn Relish, GF DF EF SF NF using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Sweetcorn Relish, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 600 ml of white or cider vinegar.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, deseeded & finely diced.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, deseeded & finely diced.
- Prepare 450 grams of sweetcorn.
- It’s 175 grams of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of mustard powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s of sterilised glass jars, your choice of size, with lids.
Vickys Sweetcorn Relish, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently fry the onion and garlic until softened but not coloured.
- Mix the corn starch with a little of the vinegar and set aside.
- Add the peppers, sweetcorn, sugar, mustard, turmeric and the rest of the vinegar into the pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil then let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn starch mixture and simmer a further 10 minutes.
- Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Pour the hot relish into warm sterilised jars and screw the lids on immediately.
- Let cool and store in a dark place for up to 6 months.
- Once opened, refrigerate and use within 5 days.
- To sterilise your jars, wash them in hot, soapy water then rinse with warm water. Dry well then place upside down in an oven preheated to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Makes just over 900g.