Vickys Easy Homemade Margarine, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free.
You can cook Vickys Easy Homemade Margarine, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Easy Homemade Margarine, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free
- Prepare 240 ml of extra light olive oil.
- It’s 120 ml of grapeseed oil.
- It’s 90 grams of (give or take) deodorised cocoa butter (means the chocolate smell has been removed).
- You need 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Vickys Easy Homemade Margarine, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free instructions
- Pour the grapeseed oil and half of the olive oil into a measuring jug so you have 240mls / 8 fluid ounces / 1 cup measuring.
- Add the cocoa butter in until the liquid reaches 360mls /12 fluid ounces / 1.5 cups.
- Add the rest of the oil into the jug and melt the cocoa butter into the oil either by microwaving in 30 second bursts or over a low heat bain marie.
- Once melted, add the lemon juice and salt and using an electric whisk, whip it up for 2 minutes until it turns a paler colour.
- Pour into a container with a lid and chill in the fridge until solid.
- This is fab for frying and I made a banana loaf and a batch of shortbread using it today instead of the usual sunflower spread I buy and they both came out fantastic! I wouldn't use it on a sandwich as it tastes a bit oily on it's own but for cooking and baking it worked great!.
- It would actually be a good idea to set it in ice cube trays instead of a large tub like I did, then you can just pop out cubes as required. If I'd thought of it before that's what I would've done.