Vickys French Baguettes, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys French Baguettes, GF DF EF SF NF using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys French Baguettes, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 600 ml of warm water (1/3 boiling to 2/3 cold gives perfect temp).
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of yeast.
- You need 198 grams of (1 & 1/4 cups) brown/white rice flour.
- Prepare 127 grams (1 cup) of white sorghum flour.
- Prepare 383 grams of (2 & 1/4 cups) potato starch – not flour.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/4 tsp xanthan gum.
- It’s of Light coconut milk to glaze.
Vickys French Baguettes, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Add the yeast and sugar to the warm water and let stand until it has a good inch head of froth like a pint of beer should.
- Using a stand mixer, whisk the flour, starch, xanthan gum and salt together and gradually add the yeast mixture in. The dough will be more like a thick cake batter or a very soft dough.
- If you don't have a baguette pan, cut a Pringles box in half lengthwise and wrap it with a few layers of foil.
- Spoon the dough/batter into the tin and level it off and round the ends with a wet spatula.
- Brush the top with some of the milk and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to gas 7 / 220C / 450°F and fill a baking tray with an inch of water.
- Put the bread tins in the middle of the oven with the tray of water on the bottom shelf and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Release the loaves from the tin and bake a further 5 minutes upsides down on the baking tray to crisp up the underside.
- Let the baguettes cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled you can wrap whole and freeze, otherwise, keep in a lidded container for 2 to 3 days.
- Best sliced, toasted and smothered in gorgeous garlic butter!.