Vickys Patatas Bravas /Spanish-Style Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Patatas Bravas /Spanish-Style Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Patatas Bravas /Spanish-Style Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 600 grams of Charlotte potatoes (waxy potatoes), thickly diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 400 grams of can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of fresh parsley to garnish.
Vickys Patatas Bravas /Spanish-Style Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 7 / 220C / 450°F and line a baking tray with foil.
- Pour the sunflower oil in the tray and toss the potato chunks in it.
- Roast for 40 minutes until golden and crispy.
- 15 minutes after the potatoes go in the oven, put the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook off the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, chilli flakes and paprika and stir in for 1 minute on a low heat.
- Pour in the can of chopped tomatoes and the sugar and bring to a simmer, uncovered.
- Stir often for the next 10 – 15 minutes until a thick sauce forms, then add the vinegar.
- Pour the sauce onto a serving plate, lay the potatoes on top, season with salt & pepper and garnish with fresh parsley.
- A great side dish that can be served alongside a bowl of olives, cheese stuffed sweet peppers, serrano ham croquettes or maybe my Spanish Chicken dish! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/333565-vickys-spanish-chicken-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.