Mincemeat. Перевод слова mincemeat, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция to make mincemeat of smb. — ≅ превратить кого-л. в котлету; оставить мокрое место от кого-л. Mincemeat initially began as a way to preserve food. The term gets its name from fine cutting of animal ingredients and fruit, essentially mincing the ingredients needed to make mincemeat.
Can Mincemeat Be Canned For Long-Term Storage? A note about PRESERVING: Traditionally mincemeat would be made the year before it's eaten to give the flavors time do develop and deepen. Mincemeat developed as a way of preserving meat. You can have Mincemeat using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mincemeat
- You need 600 grams of apple, very finely diced.
- It’s 300 grams of butter (or vegan shortening).
- You need 450 grams of Thompson raisins.
- You need 275 grams of golden raisins.
- It’s 275 grams of currants.
- It’s 450 grams of brown sugar.
- It’s 500 ml of orange marmalade (I use dark).
- It’s 275 grams of mixed citrus peel.
- You need 100 grams of citron peel.
- You need 75 grams of slivered almonds.
- You need 10 grams of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 grams of ground cloves.
- It’s 2 grams of ground cardamom.
- It’s 5 grams of ground allspice.
- Prepare 125 ml of brandy or rum.
A mixture, as of finely chopped apples, raisins. Mincemeat definition is – minced meat. Mincemeat, the traditional filling for mince pies, is a spicy preserve comprising a mixture of dried fruit, apple, suet and candied fruit and spices steeped in rum or brandy. translation and definition "mincemeat", English-Russian Dictionary online. mincemeat. Type: noun; Copy to clipboard. (This etymology is missing or incomplete.
- Place all ingredients in a large stockpot. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat..
- Let simmer 45-60 minutes, until the dried fruits are plum and the mixture begins to thicken..
- Let cool to room temperature, store in the refrigerator in an airtight container, up to 1 month,.
Please add to it, or discuss it at the Etymology scriptorium.) mincemeat (countable and uncountable, plural mincemeats). A mixture of fruit, spices and sugar used as a filling for mince pies. (rare) Minced meat, mince. (by analogy). Try making your mincemeat well in advance of Christmas to give the flavours maximum time to mature, from BBC Good Food magazine. See more ideas about Mince meat, Minced meat recipe, Mincemeat pie. I had always wondered if there was actually any real meat in an old-fashioned mincemeat pie recipe. mincemeat [ˈmɪnsmi:t]Существительное. mincemeat / mincemeats.