Cabbage Porridge. See recipes for Cabbage Porridge, Bak Choy Porridge too. This recipe is one of the simplest dishes you can make and it is Korean based. In Korea versions of this dish are given to the sick and elderly as it's very easy to digest, doesn't cause indigestion, and is nourishing.
I loved this drama and I really wanted to try this receipe! It's a simple homemade porridge that can keep you warm in cold winter or insta-cure any illness symptoms. Just give it a try and hope to make you smile! You can have Cabbage Porridge using 4 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cabbage Porridge
- You need 2 cup of cooked white rice.
- Prepare 5 cup of boiling water or stock.
- Prepare 4 cup of cabbage.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
LIGHT DIET AND VEGAN Cabbage Porridge LIGHT DIET AND VEGAN. Leave the lid open a crack. Cook until the rice thickens almost to the consistency of porridge. To begin with wash and clean all the vegetables (onions, green chilies, cabbage, tomato, capsicum, cauliflower).
Cabbage Porridge step by step
- Put the cooked rice with water or stock into a pot and bring it to a boil then add salt and cabbage then simmer for 20 minutes uncover till cook.
- Or put all ingredients into rice cooker and cook for 20 minutes.
Then using a clean chopping board, chop them separately. Keep them aside until needed again. Put a non-stick pan on medium flame and add refined oil in it. Add onions followed by garlic and green chilies. Juk accounts for a substantial portion of Korean food.