Vickys 'No Ketchup' Sticky Teriyaki BBQ Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys 'No Ketchup' Sticky Teriyaki BBQ Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys 'No Ketchup' Sticky Teriyaki BBQ Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 1 head of garlic.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of olive oil.
- You need 160 ml of water.
- Prepare 240 ml of fresh pineapple juice.
- It’s 60 ml of teriyaki sauce, see recipe link below for my free-from version.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce or soy sauce, see links below.
- You need 230 grams of (1 & 1/3 cups) brown sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of finely chopped onion.
- It’s 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of pineapple tidbits.
- You need 4 tbsp of whisky such as Jack Daniels (or to taste).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
Vickys 'No Ketchup' Sticky Teriyaki BBQ Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Using the head of garlic, salt and olive oil, follow this recipe by my fellow Cookpad user and friend Taylor on roasting garlic. Once done, let cool enough to handle then squeeze the garlic paste out of each clove and set aside https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/363900-roasted-garlic.
- Put the water, pineapple juice, teriyaki, soy and brown sugar into a pan over medium high heat. Bring to the boil stirring occasionally then reduce the heat to a simmer. My teriyaki sauce recipe is within this chicken dish linked below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/349993-vickys-baked-teriyaki-chicken-gf-df-ef-sf-nf https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338187-vickys-homemade-worcestershire-sauce-vegan https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332952-vickys-soy-sauce-substitute.
- Whisk in the garlic and the other remaining ingredients and let simmer for 40-50 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half. It should be thick and syrupy and coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- This makes just over a cup or 250mls of pineapple / teriyaki BBQ sauce. I love it on pork ribs, chicken, steak, king prawns, even just over grilled pineapple rings! Serving size is in tablespoons.