Vickys Asparagus with Vegan Hollandaise Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Asparagus with Vegan Hollandaise Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Asparagus with Vegan Hollandaise Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 24 of spears trimmed asparagus.
- You need of Hollandaise.
- It’s 1 pinch of saffron threads.
- You need 1 tbsp of hot water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sunflower spread such as Vitalite brand.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 3/4 tsp of cornflour / cornstarch.
- Prepare 90 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 30 ml of rice or hemp milk.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
Vickys Asparagus with Vegan Hollandaise Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Put the asparagus in a pan with an inch of boiling water and cook, covered for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile crush the saffron between your fingers by rolling it around and let it soak in the tablespoon of water for a few minutes.
- Melt the sunflower spread in a small pan and saute the garlic for a minute before stirring in the cornflour.
- Whisk in the coconut milk and rice milk until smooth and simmering.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and saffron water when the milk mixture starts to boil and bubble around the edge of the pan, then add salt and cayenne to taste.
- Drain the asparagus and plate up 6 per person.
- Spoon some of the hollandaise sauce over and serve immediately.