Vegetarian Prickle Salad / Acar Acar. Great recipe for Vegetarian Prickle Salad / Acar Acar. THERE ARE MANY VERSION OF ACAR ACAR ,I DID MINE THE EASY AND THE SIMPLEST WAYS , THIS VEGETARIAN PRICKLE CAN BE STORE IN FRIDGE UP TO A WEEK. See great recipes for Steamed Tofu Top Prickle Salad With Peanut And Cornflake too!
I'm glad I found this vegetarian version Acar Awak at Kimmy,Cooking Pleasure. I used vegetables that I have, cucumber and carrot in this acar. Its sweet , sour and spicy taste goes well with rice. You can cook Vegetarian Prickle Salad / Acar Acar using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Prickle Salad / Acar Acar
- You need 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 cup of Lightly crush toasted peanut (remove skin).
- It’s of VEGETABLE OPTION.
- Prepare 1 cup of dice onion.
- You need 2 of cucumber.
- It’s 2 of carrot.
- It’s 1 cup of eggplant (optional add on ).
- You need 1 cup of cabbage (optional add on ).
- It’s 1 cup of Long bean (optional add on).
- You need of SPICY SAUCE (SAMBAL SAUCE ) OR ANY SAMBAL OELEK.
- It’s 5 tbsp of red wine vineger or any vineger.
- You need 8 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of spicy sauce(sambal sauce ) or any sambal oelek.
- It’s 1 tbsp of light soy sauce.
It is not difficult at all to prepare acar as all the ingredients are easily available and basic ingredients are used. Acar, pronounced "ah char" is a popularly loved pickled vegetable in Malaysia that acts as a condiment or side. Or if you're me, you'll eat it out of the jar and go "Oh my god", and then eat and praise God, eat and praise God. It's mouth watering with the perfect balance of spicy, sour and sweet.
Vegetarian Prickle Salad / Acar Acar step by step
- FOR THE SPICY SAUCE (SAMBAL SAUCE) PLEASE VIEW ATTACHMENTS BELOW or you can use any store bought sambal oelek https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/333646-spicy-sauce-sambal-sauce.
- FOR THE TOASTED PEANUT PLEASE VIEW THE ATTACHMENTS BELOW https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/460936-toasted-peanut-vegan.
- In pan with oil sauté spicy sauce ( sambal sauce ) then add vineger, sugar and light soy sauce bring it to a boil.
- Add carrot and cucumber and mix well for 3 minute add (extra sugar or vineger ) to the balance sweet and sour taste.
- Add dice onion and crush peanut and mix well and off heat.
- For a more stronger flavour keep in an air tight container and refrigerate it up to a week.
- SERVING OPTION.
- Toasted wholemeal bread with garlic butter and chedder cheese top coral salad and 2 tbsp of vegetables prickle.
Taste the acar and add more sugar and/or vinegar as desired. Add in peanuts and sesame seeds and stir well. (You can also add these right before serving for crunchier peanuts and sesame seeds taste) Scoop up the acar to store in a porcelain jar or a clean, dry glass jar. Acar is a type of vegetable pickle/salad popular in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia. Made from different vegetables like cucumbers, long beans, carrots, cabbage and is pickled with spicy paste and vinegar. Ground peanuts and sesame seeds are also added to this dish.