Vickys Spooky Halloween Cake Pops! GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Spooky Halloween Cake Pops! GF DF EF SF NF using 7 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Spooky Halloween Cake Pops! GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 1 of single layer 8" cake of your choice – I have lots posted.
- It’s 4 tbsp of frosting of your choice.
- It’s 300 grams of white chocolate – I have a vegan recipe posted!.
- Prepare 16 of round sweets such as smarties, skittles or m&ms.
- Prepare of red & black writing icing / edible ink.
- Prepare 16 of cake pop sticks.
- It’s 1 block of styrofoam or similar to hold the pops.
Vickys Spooky Halloween Cake Pops! GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Crumble the cake well into a bowl.
- Add the frosting and mix in.
- The mixture should be holding together but not too moist, get your hands in and work it well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 and roll into balls. Place on a plate.
- Melt a few squares of the chocolate and dip the tip of a cake pop stick in https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/343048-vickys-homemade-white-chocolate-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Push the stick into a cake ball halfway in. Repeat for all.
- Let set in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate and get a foam block or a sturdy box with small holes poked in, enough for all your cake pops to sit in.
- Twirl each pop in the melted chocolate and gently spin to get rid of the excess. Heat the chocolate now & again to keep it runny enough to coat.
- Place in the box or block to set. They won't take long.
- Dab each sweet into the melted choc and stick to each cake pop to make an iris. You could also use ready roll fondant for this.
- Use black icing or edible pen to make the pupil of the eye and red to draw on the veiny lines.
- Any pops that don't come out smooth because the chocolate has cooled a little too much can be made into mummies instead by adding 2 dark chocolate chips for eyes. The untidy chocolate coating can be passed off as bandages!.
- I used a gluten free vegan coconut cake from my recipes, chocolate frosting made with sunflower spread, cocoa powder and icing sugar, Moo-Free brand choc chips and Whizzers brand chocolate beans, to make gluten, dairy, egg, soy & nut free pops. I also used my own white chocolate recipe which you'll find on my profile https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345602-vickys-coconut-flour-victoria-sandwich-cake-gf-df-ef-sf-nf https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/346802-vickys-free-from-victoria-sponge-cake-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
- You can use a fork instead of pop sticks for a bigger gruesome factor.