Vickys Cinnamon Glazed Scones, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Cinnamon Glazed Scones, GF DF EF SF NF using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Cinnamon Glazed Scones, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 80 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 240 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of bicarb / baking soda.
- It’s 112 g of gold foil-wrapped Stork margarine (vegan butter), cubed.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of golden syrup / honey.
- It’s of cinnamon topping.
- You need 1 tbsp of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need of glaze.
- You need 100 g of icing sugar / powdered sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Vickys Cinnamon Glazed Scones, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Stir the lemon juice and coconut milk together and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400F and ready a baking sheet.
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum if using, baking powder and bicarb together.
- Cut in the cubed butter with a pastry knife or a fork until the mixture looks like crumbs.
- Mix the milk and syrup in and form a dough.
- Lay a square of parchment paper out and pat your dough down into a 1/2 inch thick round.
- Cut into 8 triangles.
- Mix the brown sugar with the cinnamon.
- Glaze the dough with some coconut milk and sprinkle with the brown sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool a little on the tray before separating out the triangles then bake a further 8 – 10 minutes or until set.
- Mix the icing sugar, milk and vanilla together, adding enough milk to make a thick glaze.
- Drizzle over the scones before serving.