Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF. Recipe: french yule log It's that time again. time for another Daring Bakers Challenge! This month's challenge is brought to us by the Christmas Dishes Christmas Sweets Christmas Cooking Noel Christmas French Christmas French Desserts Just Desserts Dessert Recipes Yule Log Cake. Xmas Food Christmas Cooking Christmas Desserts Christmas Cakes Christmas Recipes Christmas Eve Christmas Entrees Christmas Yule Log Christmas Foods.
Find this yule log recipe & more Christmas baking ideas at Tesco Real Food. When the sponge is cool, gently unroll and spread over the Irish cream before re-rolling the log. Then spread the icing over the top, sprinkle over the chopped pieces of flake, and finally the icing sugar. You can have Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 1 of This uses the same recipe as my Best Ever Vegan Chocolate Cake with the ingredients halved as follows:.
- You need 240 grams of plain flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of bicarb of soda/baking soda.
- You need 30 ml of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of medium avocado, well mashed.
- It’s 240 ml of water.
- Prepare 120 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Buttercream Icing.
- Prepare 150 grams of dairy-free spread/pure margarine/butter.
- It’s 250 grams of icing/powdered sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of cocoa powder or to taste.
- Prepare of Ganache.
- You need 150 ml of double / heavy / coconut cream.
- Prepare 150 grams of good quality dark chocolate.
Vickys Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Pot Pies GF DF EF SF NF Recipe by [email protected] Free-From Cookbook. Great recipe for Vickys Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Pot Pies GF DF EF SF NF. There's something really comforting about a pot pie. It's not too much pastry and you can put anything you like.
Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat your oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a shallow tin such as for brownies or swiss roll with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the flour, cocoa and salt together.
- In a separate bowl combine the sugar, water, oil and avocado. Mix well and add to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- In a small bowl combine the baking powder, soda, vinegar then vanilla. Mix until well frothed up then add to the cake batter. Don't overmix or you'll knock all the air out.
- Quickly pour into the shallow cake tin and put in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until JUST ALMOST done or you won't be able to roll it.
- Lay another piece of greaseproof paper on top of the sponge. Use the bottom paper to roll the sponge over jelly/swiss roll style so the top piece of paper is rolled inside. Don't roll too tight or the cake will crack when you undo it. Let cool 15 minutes then unroll carefully – you are not rolling it completely flat, that will break it. Just loosening it.
- Make up buttercream icing by creaming the butter, sugar and cocoa (you might like more cocoa in it) together, remove the paper and spread on top of the sponge, then roll back up again. Cover the whole sponge including ends in the rest of the buttercream.
- Drag a fork long ways across the 'log' to make the bark of the wood effect. Don't forget the ends, Do those grains circle fashion. Put the cake in the fridge to harden the buttercream.
- To make the ganache for the top, first chop up the chocolate quite small. Bring the cream to the boil in a saucepan and as soon as it does, take the pan off the heat and whisk in the chocolate. At this stage you could add a tsp of rum, orange essence or any other flavouring but it's not necessary.
- Let the ganache cool to the point where it's not hot enough to melt the buttercream icing but is still spreadable and put into a piping bag.
- Take the log out of the fridge and pipe the ganache all over remembering the ends. It should settle into the grooves you already made nicely but you can gently go over them again if you want to. Put back into the fridge to harden.
- When ready to serve give a dusting of powdered sugar. Traditionally these are decorated to resemble forests with lots of greenery on top.
Yule log (festive cracker), edible variant from festive cracker. Celebrate the season with our Toy Story-inspired Yule log (You might even see some familiar faces!). EF SF NF – Vickys Vichyssoise, GF DF EF SF NF – Vickys Christmas Cranberry & Pistachio Shortbread Cookies, GF DF – Vickys Dairy-Free CONDENSED Cream of Chicken Soup GF DF EF SF NF – Vickys Asian Inspired Chicken Strips, GF DF EF SF NF – Vickys Chinese-Style Aromatic Duck. This is a sign of you body removing waste and toxins. EF SF NF – Vickys Vichyssoise, GF DF EF SF NF – Vickys Christmas Cranberry & Pistachio Shortbread Cookies, GF DF – Vickys Dairy-Free CONDENSED Cream of Chicken Soup GF DF EF SF NF – Vickys Asian Inspired Chicken Strips, GF DF EF SF NF – Vickys Chinese-Style Aromatic Duck.