Vickys Pork Steaks with Creamy Garlic Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Pork Steaks with Creamy Garlic Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Pork Steaks with Creamy Garlic Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 4-6 of boneless pork steaks.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare of Salt & fresh black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of sunflower spread / butter.
- You need 1 of white onion, chopped.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 80 ml (1/4 cup) of chicken stock.
- You need 420 ml of (1 & 3/4 cups) full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornflour / cornstarch.
- Prepare 3 handfuls of baby spinach leaves.
- Prepare of Parmesan-style cheese such as Violife vegan brand – optional.
Vickys Pork Steaks with Creamy Garlic Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Season the pork with the paprika and some salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the pork steaks.
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes on each side until browned then remove from the pan.
- Add the sunflower spread to the pan and let melt. Add the onion, garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for a few minutes until the onion is softening.
- Add the stock and let simmer a few minutes until slightly reduced.
- Mix the cornflour with a dash of the milk to make a slurry. Add the rest of the milk to the frying pan then when it starts to boil, whisk the cornstarch mixture in. If you want to add some parmesan, do it now so it can melt in.
- Let cook for 2 minutes or until thickened then add the spinach in and simmer until wilted (Jack can't tolerate spinach so I added mine after the next stage once I'd taken his pork steak out of the pan).
- Add the pork back to the pan and finish cooking through, turning each steak after 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.