Vickys Scottish Shortbread, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Scottish Shortbread, GF DF EF SF NF using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Scottish Shortbread, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 125 grams of gold-foil Stork (or butter), softened.
- It’s 75 grams of caster sugar plus extra for dusting.
- You need 175 grams of sifted plain flour or 150g flour, 25g semolina or sweet rice flour.
- You need of or.
- You need 150 g of gluten-free flour.
- You need 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum for gluten-free flour.
Vickys Scottish Shortbread, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy then stir in the flour until combined to a dough you can pick up.
- Smooth the dough into a greased 8 inch pie tin, prick with a fork then pattern the edges by pressing your thumb around then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F.
- Score into 8 triangles then bake for 40 – 45 minutes until golden..
- Cool on a wire rack and dust generously with more caster sugar.
- Cut into 8 and store in an airtight container. Will keep for 2 days.
- If you double the recipe you can use a swiss roll / jelly roll tin and cut the shortbread into fingers or squares instead of triangles. Temp is the same, give them a extra 10 minutes or so in time.