Vickys Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 50 grams of gold-foil Stork margarine / butter.
- You need 6 of hot cross buns, recipe from my profile vic20adamant.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sultanas.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of raisins.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of Custard.
- It’s 350 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 50 ml of coconut cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of arrowroot powder or cornstarch.
- Prepare 25 grams of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Vickys Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Grease a 2 pint pie / ovenproof dish with a little of the dairy-free spread. Cut each hot cross bun in half, spread each piece thickly with the remaining butter, then cut each half again diagonally. Cover the base of the pie dish with overlapping triangles of bun pieces, butter side up.
- Lightly sprinkle over a little nutmeg and cinnamon and a few raisins and sultanas. Repeat this layer one more time or until the dish is filled. Sprinkle the remaining raisins and sultanas on top.
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar (leaving a little aside for topping) and arrowroot together. Add a little of the milk to make a paste then keep whisking as you add the rest of the milk. Warm it over a low heat and add the cream and vanilla in. Alternatively you can use my custard recipe which is posted in my profile.
- Pour the custard mixture evenly over the bread. Gently press the surface with your fingers to push the bread into the custard. Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the surface then leave to one side for 30 mins to let the custard soak into the buns. Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until the buns have absorbed all the liquid and the top is golden and serve hot. Delicious!.