Moroccan rice salad (vegan and gluten free). Anyone who has a healthy appetite will quite enjoy this vibrant salad. We have mixed a riced cauliflower together with sprouted beans, pomegranate seeds, and chopped up fresh veggies to create a healthy, protein-packed dish that will not only satisfy your hunger but also keep any sweet cravings at bay. Vegan and Gluten-Free, this amazing kale slaw keeps for up to five days in the fridge.
Browse our collection of vegetarian and vegan Moroccan recipes, brought to you by the editors of Vegetarian You might think of this salad as a versatile winter tabbouleh. Feel free to use any fruits and This exotically flavored stew can be stretched to feed a crowd when ladled over rice or potatoes. Gluten free Moroccan salad recipe with chickpeas and quinoa! You can cook Moroccan rice salad (vegan and gluten free) using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Moroccan rice salad (vegan and gluten free)
- Prepare 2 tbsp of rapeseed or olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves finely grated.
- Prepare 1 of medium sweet potato, peeled and small diced.
- Prepare 1 of small butternut squash, peeled and small diced.
- It’s 200 g of cooked chickpeas.
- You need 1 of medium red onion sliced.
- It’s 50 g of dried apricots chopped.
- Prepare 3 cm of ginger peeled grated.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh orange juice.
- Prepare 250 g of basmati rice cooked.
- It’s of Spices :- 1tsp ground coriander, 1/2tsp cumin, tumeric and ginger, 1/4tsp chilli flakes, nutmeg, ground cloves and ground ginger.
- You need of Chopped fresh herbs to taste, mint, coriander and parsley.
- Prepare Handful of chopped walnuts or nut of choice.
- It’s of Pomegranate seeds.
This zippy healthy salad is far from boring. Layers of quinoa, spiced chickpea, dried fruit, pistachios, feta cheese, and vegetables. Great to serve as a gluten free and vegetarian main meal or side dish. Our love affair with Morocco continues, this time drawing inspiration from the Moroccan carrot salad (or was it Israeli) one encounters travelling in these.
Moroccan rice salad (vegan and gluten free) step by step
- Add sweet potato, butternut squash and onion to a shallow baking tray. Add grated ginger and grated garlic to the tray, then sprinkle over the spices and add the oil, mix and make sure everything is evenly covered. Cover tray with foil and place in the oven, after 20min uncover tray and roast for a further 10-15 min until cooked and slightly caramelised..
- Soak the dried apricots in the orange juice until soft, chop the herbs and walnuts, set aside..
- When butternut mix is cold, carefully fold through the chickpeas, apricots, 1/3rd of the herbs and a handful of the rice. Add to a large serving dish, surround the salad with the remaining rice, then sprinkle over the walnuts, remaining herbs and the pomegranate seeds.
Vegan, gluten free, & very easy. This Moroccan quinoa salad was one of them, and I have made it every autumn and winter since then. This hearty vegetarian Moroccan chickpea stew is full of mouth watering flavours and so simple to make! This is healthy and nutritious comfort food at its best! If you are looking for a grain free option then cauliflower rice could be used.