Pandan green coconut rice dessert (vegan, gluten free). Pandan is a green paste made from pandan leaves (a herb), which makes it a nice dessert for Christmas or St. The Best Pandan Dessert Recipes on Yummly These pandan coconut cupcakes are so tasty, you won't be able to stop eating them once you start.
These are the best from Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Indonesia. Ondeh-ondeh in Malaysia, called klepon in Indonesia, are bright green glutinous rice balls wrapped in a furry coat of grated coconut. Pandan is a tropical plant whose leaves are commonly used for flavoring in South Asian dishes and desserts. You can have Pandan green coconut rice dessert (vegan, gluten free) using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pandan green coconut rice dessert (vegan, gluten free)
- You need 450 ml of Thai glutinous rice (will cook with 1.2times of liquid).
- You need 6 of fresh pandan leaves.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk (400ml) devided into half amount.
- You need 40 g of raw brown sugar.
- It’s of Sesame seeds for garnish.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sugar(for coconut milk sauce).
- Prepare 1 Tsp of cornstarch.
To keep this bread gluten-free I went with a mix of different flours: almond flour, rice flour, and buckwheat flour. I can't describe how good your kitchen will smell, especially if you like pandan! Pandan, a type of screwpine, is essential in Asian cooking. With its sweet, fragrant and grassy aroma, it is widely used in both savoury and sweet dishes.
Pandan green coconut rice dessert (vegan, gluten free) step by step
- Cut the fresh pandan leaves into small pieces using scissors. Using stick blender, make a green smoothie out of the leaves adding 1/4 cups of water. Using a tea strainer and spoon get lid of pulps and save the green liquid in a measuring cup..
- In the measuring cup with green liquid, carefully add water up to 540ml in total..
- Wash glutinous rice until the water runs clear. Drain water from the rice. In a cooking pot, add the washed rice and the 540 ml of green liquid together and soak for 30min..
- 〈Making coconut milk sauce〉In a small cooking pot, add in 200ml of coconut milk, 1Tbsp of sugar and 1 tea spoon of cornstarch. Heat them with medium low heat until thickened. Set aside and cool the sauce..
- 〈Making raw sugar syrup〉Crush the raw sugar if it’s lumpy and make it powdery. Add small amount of water and cook with medium heat until thick. (It tastes the same as Japanese “kuromitsu"sugar syrup. You can buy it at Japanese grocery).
- After soaking rice for 30min, cook the rice with medium heat. When boiled reduce the heat to low heat and cook until all the water disappear. (You can use rice cooker if you have.).
- When rice is cooked in the pot, mix in 200ml of coconut milk while the rice is still hot. Put all the rice-coconut milk mixture into a cake mold and steam it with high heat for another 20-30min in a steamer until you see no liquid.(You can omit the steaming procedure if you are using rice cooker. If so, just mix in the 200ml of coconut milk in cooked rice and leave until it is not watery.).
- Scoop out the rice about a size of 1 icecream scoop. Make a little hole and put the raw sugar syrup inside the hole and drizzle over cooled coconut sauce. Top with sesame seeds for garnish..
- It tasted really good. Save the leftover rice and coconut milk sauce in fridge. Warm the rice with microwave when you eat..
Pandan leaves added to rice gives it a lovely, sweet aroma. Think pilaus and biryanis and many Malay and Indonesian rice use pandan leaves like This pandan sticky rice dessert, or xôi lá dứa, is great blend of sweet, salty, and nutty flavors. The star here is the amazingly aromatic pandan leaves, highlighted by sweet coconut, brought together by warm sticky rice. Glutinous rice is used for this, not just regular rice that you can make sticky! Jelly Desserts, Jelly Recipes, Pudding Desserts, Köstliche Desserts, Delicious Desserts, Thai Dessert, Dessert Quick and easy pandan and coconut milk green and white layered agar.