Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo. Cook a bowlful of goodness inspired by the most famous soup connoisseur in the galaxy, the Soup Dragon, from the hit children's show Clangers. A coconut and vegetable vegan soup that is easy to make with wonderfully fragrant flavours. Once the squash is cooked through, add the greens to the broth and simmer.
So, either you can remove it after cooking, or retain in dishes at the time of serving. This will impart a rich lemon flavor to your soup. Given below are some easy soup recipes that you can try making at home. You can cook Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo using 27 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo
- You need 1/2 head of broccoli or 2-3 broccoli stems.
- You need 1 of Zucchini.
- Prepare 100 g of asparagus.
- You need 1-2 of carrots or 1 cup of frozen peas (for bulk).
- It’s 300 g of Kale, Bok Choy, Collard greens or a combinaton.
- It’s 1 of Celery stick.
- You need 1 of small leek.
- Prepare 3-4 of Shallots or 1 large / 2 medium onions.
- It’s 3-4 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1.5 L of Vegetable (or chicken) stock or water (more if more vegetables).
- It’s 2 of Bayleaf.
- You need 2-3 of kaffir lime leaf.
- You need 200 g of – 300g Fresh spinach.
- You need of For spices / garnish.
- You need 2-3 of Kaffir like leaf or 1 tbs lime zest.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tbs of Lemongrass paste or 2 lemongrass sticks.
- It’s 1 tbs of Galangal or ginger or 1 thumb-size fresh ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Sweet basil.
- It’s 1 tbs of oregano.
- It’s 1 tbs of thyme.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of mint.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of chives (optional).
- It’s of Optional: 1 low-sodium, organic vegetable stock cube.
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil or Ghee (to saute onions, garlic & leak).
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh parsley (replace with dry if not available).
PS: If you make my lemongrass soup with noodles, don't forget to tag me on Instagram as @lazycatkitchen and use #lazycatkitchen hashtag. I love seeing your takes on my recipes! Lemon Coriander Soup is a clear vegetable soup flavored with lemon and coriander leaves. Apart from garlic and ginger, green chilli, coriander leaves and lemongrass make up for the aromatic elements in this soup.
Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo instructions
- Chop up all vegetables for the soup. You will add them to the water in order of 'hardness' as not to overcook softer vegetables..
- Put Ghee or olive oil in a pan and saute onion / shallots and garlic on medium fire, stirring the entire time. Cook until onion / shallots become clear, but not brow. Add leak and ginger (if fresh) and saute for another 3-4 minutes..
- Add vegetable stock and 'hard' vegetables – carrots, broccoli stems, peas, etc + any vegetables that are frozen..
- Add all the spices and herbs, with the exception of fresh parsley..
- Cook on low-medium fire until the hardest vegetable (eg carrot) is soft enough to pierce with a fork but still crunchy. Add medium hard vegetables, such as broccoli, Kale, asparagus. Note: Asparagus stems need to cook longer than asparagus tips. Cook for 3-4 few minutes and then add zucchini. Cook until broccoli can be pierced with a fork. Add more water if required throughout cooking..
- Add spinach and cook until it wilts – should not be more than 2 minutes so that it stays green. This adds wonderful green colour to the soup. Note: if using frozen spinach, add it at the same time as zucchini..
- Turn off the heat and let it cool to room temperature..
- Combine the cooked ingredients in the blender with a generous amount of fresh parsley and purée until desired consistency..
- Garnish with sprouts, seeds, or flaked almonds. You can also add a tablespoon or two of cooked quinoa for a filling full-meal..
- The soup freezes extremely well so you can apportion it to desired quantities and take out during the week. (you may need to add water once heated up).
Now if you do not have lemongrass, you can consider skipping it. This refreshing Thai lemongrass soup is made with a light gingery broth, pan-fried tofu, cherry tomatoes and fresh cilantro. This might sound like a weird thing to say about soup, but it's rather summery. Yeah, I know lots of people aren't big on a hot bowl of spicy broth in the warmer months. The Best Vegetarian Lemongrass Recipes on Yummly