GF, Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo. This super quick and easy ALFREDO PASTA RECIPE is oil free, nut free, dairy free, low fat, and can be made gluten free! RECIPE DOWN BELOW ▼ SUBSCRIBE (and. The base for the vegan alfredo sauce starts with creating a roux, which is achieved with olive oil, garlic, and either arrowroot powder or all-purpose flour (if not GF).
Remove potatoes and onion from the pot. Make sure to save the water. Begin cooking fettuccine pasta in a separate pot. You can cook GF, Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of GF, Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
- You need of Cashew cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 c of cashews.
- Prepare 3/4 c of boiling water.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 c of nutritional yeast.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 3 TB of lemon juice.
- Prepare of Pasta.
- Prepare 1 package of brown rice pasta.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 1 of onion sliced.
- You need 3 of big mushrooms, slived.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1/2 c of almond milk.
- It’s 1 TB of gluten free flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
How to Make Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo. The traditional fettuccine Alfredo is packed with fats while lacking in nutrients. The vegan version is just as delicious as the traditional one (maybe even more!) but it is much more nutritious as it has veggies and nuts sneaked into it. Creamy fettuccine Alfredo is one of the most elemental delights of Italian cuisine.
GF, Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo instructions
- Soak cashews in boiling water for 15-20 min.
- Meanwhile… make pasta according to package instructions. Strain and set aside.
- Add rest of cashew cheese ingredients to the cashews and boiling water.
- Blend in a high speed blender (immersion blender works fine too) until smooth and creamy.
- Sate onions, mushrooms and garlic until translucent.
- Add flour, milk, cheese and spices.
- Continue cooking until sauce somewhat thickens.
- Add in the pasta, stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with crushed parsley to garnish.
- Serve with honey-mustard salmon with a side of asparagus and broccoli.
The smooth, rich, and cheesy Alfredo sauce cloaking each strand of pasta makes this dish an all-time family favorite. How does this vegan fettuccine Alfredo compare to the dairy-based classic? Creamy and decadent, this vegan Fettuccine Alfredo has a secret healthy ingredient that makes it a meal the whole family will love. Garlicky, Creamy, Amazing Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo. This Fettuccine Alfredo packs a flavor punch with the browned mushrooms, wine, herbs, and creamyness from cauliflower, potato and hemp seeds.