Coconut Curry Quinoa (Vegan + Gluten Free).
You can have Coconut Curry Quinoa (Vegan + Gluten Free) using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Curry Quinoa (Vegan + Gluten Free)
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 2 cups of unsweetened coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of tomato, diced.
- You need 1/2 of zucchini, peeled and diced.
- It’s 1/2 of vidalia onion, peeled and diced.
- It’s 1/3 cup of red curry simmer sauce.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of blanched sliced almonds.
- You need 2 Tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of coconut flakes, to taste.
Coconut Curry Quinoa (Vegan + Gluten Free) instructions
- Add 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water to a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture has begun to boil, bring to a simmer for about 15 minutes until the quinoa has soaked up all of the liquid **The coconut milk will tend to foam and clump at the top if you do not continue to stir throughout–this is not a problem, and you can spoon off anything that clumps on top if you prefer**.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tbsp coconut oil and add the diced tomato, zucchini, and onion.
- Continue to cook the vegetables on low-medium heat until they become soft.
- Add 1/3 cup red curry simmer sauce to the vegetables and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Once quinoa has finished cooking, add the vegetable/curry mixture to the pot and stir it in.
- Add the 1/8 cup of blanched almonds, and 1 tbsp of curry powder and stir until the curry has fully been absorbed **1 tbsp does not seem like a lot, but it will go far!**.
- Serve in bowls and add the coconut flakes to garnish!.