Gluten Free & Vegan Mashed Potato Stuffed Bell Peppers.
You can cook Gluten Free & Vegan Mashed Potato Stuffed Bell Peppers using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gluten Free & Vegan Mashed Potato Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers (halved and hollowed).
- It’s 1 stick of vegan butter (I used Earth Balance).
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh rosemary (finely chopped).
- You need 4 slices of follow your heart vegan jack.
- It’s 6-8 of yukon gold potatoes.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves (finely minced).
- It’s 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Gluten Free & Vegan Mashed Potato Stuffed Bell Peppers step by step
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease bottom of glass baking dish that will snugly fit 4 (halved) bell peppers. I used a glass pie dish because the sides help hold the peppers flat for nice presentation..
- Wash, peel and cut yukon gold potatoes into quarters. Boil potatoes in salted water until fork pokes through easily. It usually takes about 30 minutes..
- Drain water and return potatoes to pan. I always save my potato water for making vegan sauces or gravy later..
- Add butter to small sauce pan and melt on low heat with minced garlic. Simmer butter and garlic for about 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant and just starting to turn golden in color..
- Add butter to potatoes and mash by your preferred method. I use a hand masher because it is easy to clean. Drizzle 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil over potatoes and fold into mashed potatoes..
- Lay slices of vegan cheese inside bell peppers. Crumble cheese if you need to in order to make it fit. It will melt into the potatoes when it bakes..
- Scoop mashed potatoes into bell peppers evenly. Drizzle last tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil all over top of stuffed peppers. Sprinkle fresh chopped rosemary, salt and pepper on tops evenly. Make sure you do not skip this step. The salt helps create a golden crust to the top of the potatoes..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool for at least 5 minutes before eating. Enjoy!.