Easy Sesame Tofu (Vegan/Gluten-free). This Sesame Tofu is super easy to make and just as delicious as the restaurant version! A great quick plant-based dinner for the whole family to enjoy! Why you'll love this Sesame Tofu: it's salty-sweet and tangy. it's full of flavour. it's tender on the inside and crispy on the.
You can make it in bulk and have it prepped and ready to go in the fridge when throwing together a quick meal. If I had eaten it out of a take-out container, I would have sworn it came from a really good Chinese restaurant. Now, I don't have to miss Chinese food anymore but I need to learn how to make gluten-free fortune cookies. You can have Easy Sesame Tofu (Vegan/Gluten-free) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Sesame Tofu (Vegan/Gluten-free)
- You need 7 oz. (1/2 pack) of Firm Tofu.
- You need 1/4 cup of Corn Starch.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 2 Tbsp. of Cooking Sake.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp. of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of Mirin (sweet cooking rice wine).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of White Sesame Seeds.
- Prepare of Some Chopped Green Onion (to taste).
Crispy tofu cubes with sesame seeds on top are the superstar in this vegan bibimbap. The whole dish comes together pretty quickly and you can prepare most of the ingredients in advance. They're super easy to make and very delicious. And the recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free.
Easy Sesame Tofu (Vegan/Gluten-free) step by step
- Wash ½ pack (7 oz) of firm tofu under running water and place on several paper towels. Wrap the tofu with the paper towels and place on a plate..
- Put another plate on the tofu. Place some bottles of water as a weight on top and let sit for 30 minutes. (If the tofu is not dried well, the oil will splash a lot during cooking).
- Cut the tofu into small cubes. Dredge in the ¼ cup of corn starch and tap off excess..
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of sesame oil in a pan and cook the tofu on all sides over medium heat until nicely browned and crisp; about 7 minutes..
- Turn the heat down to low. Add 2 Tbsp. of cooking Sake, 1 Tbsp. of sugar, 2 Tbsp. of soy sauce and 1 Tbsp. of Mirin to the pan..
- Stir for about 2 minutes. Halfway through, add 1 Tbsp. of white sesame seeds..
In this video I'm showing you how to make crispy baked tofu breaded with panko crumbs and roasted sesame seeds. It's an easy, low-fat, high-protein dish. Amazing Sesame Tofu Recipe is easy to prepare, tofu cubes are pan-fried until crispy, then coated in a sweet and flavorful sauce, perfect for a busy Hi, I'm Michelle, I'm the voice, content creator and photographer behind Healthier Steps. I share vegan and gluten-free recipes because of past health. Tofu is great for vegans, vegetarians and those seeking to cut back on higher fat meals.