Vegan spanakopita (spinach pie) #bakingcontest. This vegan spanakopita is hands down the absolute best you've ever had! My mom has a famous spanakopita recipe. It's the only one I will eat, and anywhere she goes people ask her to bring it.
Featuring shatteringly crisp phyllo pastry, and a soft, salty, feta-cheesy, spinachy filling, all baked up to golden perfection. Everything you need to know including full recipes is in the description box. Thank you so much for watching! You can have Vegan spanakopita (spinach pie) #bakingcontest using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan spanakopita (spinach pie) #bakingcontest
- Prepare 500 g of frozen Spinach.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of shallot.
- It’s A few of garlic chives or 5 spring onions.
- Prepare 200 g of tofu.
- Prepare 200 g of vegan feta.
- It’s 8 sheets of filo pastry.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion seeds.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need of to taste Salt and white pepper.
If you like this video then. I may attempt a homemade But other than grappling with spinach, this recipe is easy as pie (coincidentally) so please do not think twice about trying it. This spinach pie is usually baked in large trays and it has the shape of a long roll, but it's not uncommon to find it cut into small, individual portions. Serve this vegan Spanakopita for any meal of the day, it works just as good served for breakfast as it does as an appetizer or lunch.
Vegan spanakopita (spinach pie) #bakingcontest step by step
- Preheat oven to 220c. Defrost and drain the spinach and remove any remaining water by squeezing between a paper towel. Drain the tofu. Chop the onion and shallot and cook in a pan with a little oil. Add the chopped garlic chives (or spring onion) and chopped garlic and cook gently for a further 2 minutes..
- Add the spinach to the pan and cook for a further few minutes, stirring to combine. Crumble in the drain tofu and continue to stir for 2 more minutes. Turn off the heat and add the vegan feta (or regular feta if you prefer) a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper..
- My secret tip is spray oil, it’s so much easier than using a pastry brush (but a pastry brush is fine if you prefer). With a light touch – oil the tray and line with your first sheet of filo. Oil again and place your next sheet in the opposite direction. Continue this process with all of the pastry. Add the pie filling and wrap with the first sheet of pastry. Repeat the oiling process until all of the party wraps the pie. Turn over the pie and sprinkle with the onion seeds and a pinch of salt..
- Bake in the oven at 220c for around 18 minutes or until the pastry is crispy and golden. Sprinkle with a few chopped garlic chives if you like. The pie can be enjoyed hot or cold..
This spinach packed vegan Spanakopita recipe is quick and easy to make with tofu or vegan feta cheese and filo dough or pastry puffs. It bakes up light and flaky with a delicious protein-packed spinach filling. This authentic-tasting Greek spinach pie will be a hit with the whole family! Spanakopita or spinach pie is probably one of the best-known of all traditional Greek dishes and hands down one of the most delicious. Its traditionally made without cheese so, bonus, authentically vegan too!