Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan. This nourishing vegan Miso Noodle Soup with Tofu is another great addition and perfect when you're feeling under the weather. Many people, at least here in the U. S., think of chicken noodle soup as the soup to sip on when you are not feeling well, but miso noodle soup is even better for you!
A healing, immune boosting vegan miso noodle soup filled with vegetables and tofu for a hearty, healthy, meal. Today, however, we are getting away from breakfast recipes and looking to one of my go-to lunches during the cold winter months – vegan miso soup. Serve the noodles with five-spice tofu (or your favorite protein) to make it a complete meal! You can cook Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 2 cm of chunk fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of small red chilli, finely chopped.
- Prepare 500-750 ml of veggie/ vegan stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of white miso paste.
- Prepare of couple of handfuls of greens eg chinese cabbage, pak choi, choi sum, tatsoi, mizuna.
- You need 100 g of tofu, cut into bite-sized chunks.
- You need of Noodles of choice eg udon, soba – prepared according to packet instructions.
For whatever reason, I always catch a cold during After throwing together some ingredients, I came up with this ginger miso udon noodle soup. The broth is simple but packed with savory umami flavor. If you've followed my channel, you've noticed that I absolutely love (and quite addicted) to noodles in hot soup! Tofu noodle soup is a cozy and familiar vegan alternative to chicken noodle soup.
Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat..
- Add the garlic and spring onion and sauté for 3-5 mins. Add the chilli. And sauté for another 2 mins or so..
- Add the stock and simmer for 5 mins..
- Add the miso paste and whisk a bit so it’s completely mixed in..
- Add the greens. Cover and simmer for about 5 mins or until the greens start to wilt. This depends on the greens you use. I used chinese cabbage and mizuna today so i added the cabbage at this stage and then the mizuna at the same time as the tofu..
- Remove from the heat. Add the tofu and any more ‘delicate’ greens. Cover and let sit for 2-3 mins..
- Put the noodles in the bowls. Ladle the tofu/ miso on top. Sprinkle more chilli/ spring onion on top if you like. Enjoy 😋.
This quick and simple recipe is perfect for when you feel under the weather. It's a vegan alternative to chicken noodle soup that checks all the same boxes nutritionally and for lack of a better word, spiritually. Miso soup is one of our favorite soups and we make it all the time. I know the traditional miso soup is not vegan, but you should give this recipe a try, it's really taste, warm and super simple. It's also perfect if you're sick or after a long and cold fall or winter.