Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup.
You can have Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup
- It’s 8 of tomatoes , Roma – halved.
- Prepare Cloves – 3 cloves of Garlic peeled.
- Prepare 5 sprigs of Thyme -.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves -.
- You need 3 cups of Vegetable Stock -.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion , – roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Coconut milk -.
- It’s 2 tsps of Tomato paste -.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Lemon zest -.
- Prepare of basil Dried.
- You need to taste of Salt Pepper &.
- Prepare Pinch of paprika.
- You need 3 tbsps + 2 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil.
Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400F/ 200C.
- Spread the tomatoes, garlic cloves, thyme, bay leaves in a single layer. Drizle with 3 tbsps of olive oil and sprinkle some salt and pepper. Roast until the garlic is well roasted and the tomatoes have carmelized. Should take about 30-40mins. Remove the thyme and bay leaves and set the tomatoes and garlic aside.
- Heat 2 tbsps of olive oil and to it add the onions and saute until translucent. Add the roasted tomatoes and garlic and saute for one minute.
- Next add the stock and bring it to a low boil and finally to a simmer.
- You've got two options to puree; an immersion blender, or carefully transfer the soup in small batches to a blender and puree. Once its all pureed the soup should be creamy and smooth.
- Return soup to a simmer, add the coconut milk, lemon zest, dried basil and the paprika. Add some salt and pepper if needed.The soup should have reached the desire thickened soup consistency, if it hasn't allow it to cook on a low boil for 15mins or so and that should do the trick.
- Ladble it into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil if you would like and some fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.